Saturday, October 9, 2010

I first started baking in middle school, about 8th grade. I loved to make cookies of all kinds probably about once a month, or maybe a little less. I wouldn't call it a passion, but it's something I've always liked doing. I baked all through high school, and when I got to college it took a backseat to academics and my social life.

It's my senior year of university and now that I'm living alone (just me and my dog!), I've started cooking a lot more often than I ever have before. I don't have roommates to share the kitchen with, and now that I'm getting closer to the "real world," I'm trying to gather as many great recipes as I can... recipes that will become my staples, my future children's favorites, and hopefully, eventually family heirlooms.

I love using Foodgawker and Tastespotting to find a lot of diverse recipes. I usually don't browse any one person's blog too much, but I might start. For now, I'm just trying to get a little bit of everything as a secure foundation, and there are a few things I'm presently trying to perfect. For instance, I'm currently trying to find the perfect recipes for banana bread and pierogies (more on these searches later).

Hopefully by making this blog I can introduce others to some new recipes they may not have tried, and also learn more about cooking in the process. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers